Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 salmon fillets
- Chimichurri Sauce from “Sauce&More”
The chimichurri sauce consists of the following main components: garlic, oregano, parsley and pepper (or chili), vinegar and salt. Although it is not only typical from Argentina, it was the argentine barbecues which made this sauce famous. Until recently I identified this sauce exclusively with meat, but an Uruguayan friend encouraged me to use it with fish and I tried it with salmon. I hope you like this simple recipe of grilled salmon that will help you keep the commitment to healthy cooking.
- I always spread a Little bit of oil on the salmon fillet and leave it for a few minutes, while I prepare the following:
- Preheat the pan or griddle (use non-stick materials) to very high heat. In theory then you have to lower the heat before putting the salmon in, since that way it will be cooked well (golden brown). However, I like it well toasted, which is why I leave it for a little bit on high heat and then lower the heat, but depending on your taste you can vary here.
- Some people like to cook it with butter, but personally I prefer extra virgin olive oil. A well spread teaspoon is enough to cover the pan or griddle.
- Put the salmon in the pan or griddle and cook each side 2 to 5 minutes.
- For serving, make a “bed” with the chimichurri Sauce from ”Sauce&More“, accompany it with some vegetables (I use asparagus since they accompany the salmon well and are very easy to make, in the pan with a little bit of oil) .
Hope you like it!