For 4-5 People as a main-starter or for approx. 10 people as an appetizer.
Cooking time: 30 minutes (incl. preparation)
Level of difficulty: Medium
- 1kg fresh clams or mussels
- 1 onion (white)
- 7 garlic cloves
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1,5 Liters of fish stock
- 1 glass of white wine
- Natural sea salt – fine
- 5 spoons of cornflour
- Pour the clams (or mussels) in a large pan or a big pot with 1/2 glass of water and cook over medium heat and covered. Wait until they open, take them from the pan/pot and discard any that have not opened.
- Mince the onion, garlic and parsley and add a pinch of salt.
- Sautè/poach the onion in olive oil, add the garlic a few minutes later and another 5 minutes later the parsley. Leave to cook another 5 to 10 minutes, but be careful not to brown it.
- Add the white wine and leave to boil for about 3 minutes.
- Add the very hot fish stock (1,5 L.) and boil.
- Lower the heat (it still needs to boil) and add the cornflour – without stopping the stiring – with a strainer.
- Boil 5 minutes more and add the clams (or mussels). Turn off the heat and cover.
- Leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and done!